For years now – maybe around ten or so? – I’ve kept a little book of quotes that have had an impact on me in some way. It contains the words of authors, political or religious figures, entertainers, sports legends, and more. I keep it handy when I need some inspiration or guidance, or sometimes just for a smile 🙂
One notable figure that appears quite frequently in my book is Dr Martin Luther King, Jr. What an incredible, incredible man. He will forever be remembered as one of our greatest leaders.
Here are some of his words that I’ve chosen to write in my book over the years. I hope one of them impact you, too.
- We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
- If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.
- Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.
- Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
- If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.