I like answers.
I like the ‘whys’.
I’m a naturally curious person. Unresolved questions or situations drive me bonkers… like, enough to keep me up at night.
Whether it’s random trivia, an issue between friends or family members, a work question…whatever…I like (and sometimes NEED) understanding and resolution.
Perhaps this is why I’ve been in market research since I graduated from college… .
I myself don’t have to find or get the answers. It’s not a prideful thing. I am perfectly happy to (and often excited for) others to share what they uncover or know or feel.
Google and YouTube are fabulous. You can find just about anything there. (And sometimes find things that ought not be found, LOL 😉 )
And I’m a firm believer in talking things out when it’s an issue of a relationship of some kind, even if it gets uncomfortable or difficult.
But feeling like (or sometimes knowing that) answers are out there and they just haven’t come to light, or I haven’t found them, or I haven’t talked them out? DISLIKE.
When I’m feeling particularly antsy or troubled about unsolved or unresolved things, I often go to my trusty book of quotes and words of wisdom. They (usually) help me relax a bit.
- God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. – “Serenity prayer”
- Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase. – MLK, Jr
- If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere. – Frank A. Clark
- Worrying often gives a small thing a big shadow. – Swedish proverb
- Don’t let someone else’s opinion of you become your reality. – Les Brown
- I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complicated matter. – Walt Disney
- Patience is the companion of wisdom. – St. Augustine
- In the book of life, there are no answers in the back. – Charlie Brown
Despite modern day information resources,the power of communication, and the wisdom of those who have come before me, I know that it’s not always possible to have answers, to know the whys.
I really, truly do.
But I don’t have to like it 🙂