My great uncle, Father John Kilcoyne, was a truly wonderful guy. A fabulous priest and a dedicated family man with a kind heart and a great sense of humor, he impacted the lives of countless people and is greatly missed.
I think of him a little extra on St Patrick’s day as a result of being from a large Irish Catholic family AND seeing a piece of art he gave his siblings a long time ago – the Ten Commandments for the Irish 🙂
The picture below is blurry, but here they are:
- Thou shalt be loyal to family, friends, and faith.
- Thou shalt keep thy Irish eyes a-smilin’.
- Thou shalt shy away from blarney.
- Thou shalt honor thy motherland.
- Thou shalt see the Trinity in every shamrock.
- Thou shalt halve every potato out of love.
- Thou shalt be kind to wee ones everywhere.
- Thou shalt be generous in blessings, song, and stories.
- Thou shalt follow every rainbow.
- Thou shalt rest easy in the hollow of God’s hand.