I can’t begin to count how any CD mixes I have. Some I made myself, some are from friends, some are from my husband. I find it hilarious to pop one in a CD player now and just see what comes out of the speakers.
Sometimes, it’s utter and complete randomness. (You know who you are – hehe 🙂 ) Other times, there’s a theme of some sort – songs about friends, stay awake music, chill, dance party, lovey dovey songs, new music someone wants me to check out, etc.
And even pre-CDs, I very much remember sitting in my room with a blank cassette tape in my stereo, listening to the radio and rushing to hit the the “record” button the instant I recognize a song I like come on. Anyone else?
I haven’t received any new ones in quite awhile – HINT HINT to any friends who feel like playing DJ for me 😀
But here are a few songs that I’ve been listening to more than a time or two lately. Some new, some older tunes that I never get sick of.
- Ariana Grande, “Into You”
- Ben E. King, “Stand By Me”
- Brett Young, “In Case You Didn’t Know”
- Bruno Mars, “That’s What I Like”
- Christina Aguilera, “I Turn To You”
- Demi Lovato, “Confident”
- Dierks Bentley, “Somewhere on a Beach”
- James Bay, “Let It Go”
- Journey, “Don’t Stop Believin”
- Justin Timberlake, “Can’t Stop The Feeling”
- Luke Bryan, “Country Girl (Shake It For Me)”
- Mariah Carey, “Hero”
- Mark Ronson, “Uptown Funk”
- Meghan Trainor, feat John Legend “Like I’m Gonna Lose You”
- Nat King Cole, “When I Fall in Love”
- Old Dominion, “Song for Another Time”
- Otis Redding, “Sitting on the Dock of the Bay”
- Sam Hunt, “Body Like A Back Road”
- Vanessa Carlton, “A Thousand Miles”
- Wiz Khalifa feat Charlie Puth, “See You Again”
(Goes without saying, but I suppose I fall into more of the randomness camp – LOL.)
If YOU have any new music you think I should check out or random playlists you want to share, comment below or email me at meandmytiara (at) gmail.com
P.S. – I realize CDs are a tad old school and not used much anymore, but I don’t care. I’m sure there’s some way to share iTunes or Spotify lists or whatever – I’m just not that fancy 🙂