Let’s be frank, shall we? There are lots of pros AND cons to social media.
Personally, I thank my lucky stars I didn’t grow up with it. I can’t imagine being a kid now and dealing with it at such a young age.
Facebook started when I was a sophomore in college, and back then you had to have a .edu email address to sign up. And smartphones weren’t a thing yet.
Fast forward 15 years later… Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and I’m sure many other social media platforms that I don’t even know about dominate literally hours of some people’s days.
I’d say I have a love/hate relationship with all of it, honestly. There are definite downsides, BUT there are some perks, too.
One such ‘plus’ is that there are a few places on social media you can go that can pretty much guarantee you some happy and probably some laughter as well. Here are a few of my favorite spots for positive, fun, and uplifting stories. Check out these accounts:
- Ellen DeGeneres – Facebook and YouTube
- The Players Tribune
- I’ve pulled some posts from here before, but it’s a website founded by baseball great Derek Jeter where athletes can share their stories.
- Lifestyle blogger/YouTube star Mallory Ervin – Instagram and YouTube
- I just love her perspective on life. She is SUCH a joyful person! Wonder if she needs a new best friend – HA 🙂
- Zoo websites – who doesn’t love cute animals?? (Like Fiona the baby hippo!)
Chime in below if YOU have any places you go for a dose of happy!