Apparently National Gardening Day was this week.
Everyone has ups and downs in life; times when we lose our spark.
And how up the ups are and how down the downs are vary from person to person. It’s not up to us to judge another’s emotions or challenges.
Do we make mountains out of molehills from time to time? Abso-freaking-lutely.
And conversely, are we sometimes too nonchalant about things? Definitely.
But, often it’s not until after the fact when you realize the true “size” of whatever you faced.
The important thing is this: whenever you find your spark again, no matter how long it takes you to get it back, rise like a damn fire.
Commercials that can tug at your heartstrings THIS much need to come with a warning. I mean…seriously. Grab a tissue before you hit play. I promise it’s worth it, trust me.
Heart-wrenching and heart-warming all in one 60 second spot. One of my favorite recent commercials 🙂
Bravo, Zillow. You nailed what it means to be “home” – having loved ones nearby and keeping the memories alive of those who have gone before us.
About a month ago, my dad showed me a clip from a program on CBS that was by far one of the coolest things I had seen in quite awhile. The show is “Innovation Nation”, and it featured the work of a company called Obscura Digital out of San Francisco.
Quick background via a description of the “Innovation Nation” series from their website:
The Henry Ford’s Innovation Nation is a weekly Saturday morning show on CBS that showcases present-day change-makers from all over the world who are creating solutions to real needs. The intent is to stimulate curiosity and to inspire audiences with entertaining yet educational stories about yesterday and today’s visionaries and turning points that changed the course of history, as well as innovations and inventions that are changing the world today.
Essentially, Obscura takes projectors and walls and turns them into digital art. Not just generic walls inside a building – think the outside of the Empire State Building in NYC, the front of St Peter’s Basilica in Rome, the Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi. It’s bananas. Check out the video below to see more! And pay attention to the end…what they do with a pool table is insane.
Continuing the fun of sharing more about moi. Check out “Behind the Tiara, Vol 1” here!
Something YOU want to know? Chime in using the comment box at the bottom or email me at meandmytiara (at) gmail.com.
I have a fairly decent voice. I sang in church choir in high school (and got to record a CD – one of the coolest experiences ever), and while I don’t do it much now, I did sing at a couple friends’ weddings over the past few years.
- The next thing I usually hear is “sing something”! Ehhh. For me, big difference between singing a few bars softly or just for funsies and truly belting something out. I’m far more comfortable singing with a mic in front of a lot of people I don’t know rather than a person or two that I DO know. There’s maybe a handful or two of folks that are the exception to this. You know who you are 😉
- There IS however a YouTube clip from one of the aforementioned friends’ weddings. I’m not visibly in it, but I’m in the background singing a rewritten version of Blake Shelton’s “God Gave Me You”. I don’t post it publicly because in the same clip, my friends are saying their wedding vows, and that’s a super personal thing. But if you’re REALLY wanting to hear it, lemme know and I’ll consider it.
My husband and I met in high school back in 2002. Check out this prom picture, circa 2004 – sweet, isn’t it? 😀
I have no idea what my feet look like without scars.
- When I was four and a half, I had necessary corrective foot surgery. I kid you not, it wasn’t until a few years ago – faaaaaar into adulthood, LOL – when I had the realization that I don’t have a clue what my feet would be like scar-free. I have three on each foot – two on top, one on the side, all of them about two inches long.
I’ve jumped off a catamaran into the Caribbean to swim to a bar.
- By far one of my favorite vacation experiences EVER. We sailed from St John USVI to the Jost Van Dyke (BVI) aboard Kekoa. There’s a bar called the Soggy Dollar on Jost Van Dyke in White Bay, but there’s no dock. So, if arriving by boat, you jump off and swim to shore if you want to taste their famous Painkillers. Doing it again this August – WOOT!
- Side note – this was also the experience that taught my husband NOT to give me his credit card and let me wander into a gift shop after several rum-tastic drinks. I think I came out with like 5 or 6 items 😀
My favorite candle scent is Eucalyptus Mint.
- Soooo relaxing. Try it if you haven’t. A close second favorite scent is cinnamon/spice scented ones that just scream the fall season.
I think I have like 90% percent of Friends episodes memorized.
- Never have and never will get sick of watching them. Sometime, I’ll do a post about some of my all-time favorite clips or episodes.