Two years ago this weekend, I started this blog.
Time sure does fly, doesn’t?
For the most part, I’ve loved writing here 🙂 It’s been fun, it’s been happy, it’s been therapeutic. I’ve laughed, I’ve smiled, I’ve cried. Sometimes I get in a groove and write daily fora while; sometimes it seems like more of a chore and I step away from it for awhile. But I’m still SO happy I did it (and plan on doing so for a long time)!
One of the coolest and most unexpected things that’s happened as a result of sharing the happy on this blog is that it’s allowed me to connect with people in a new and different way. Some of them I know, some I don’t. Some are my oldest friends, some are schoolmates or former colleagues I haven’t seen in years. From talking with some of these folks, it’s become clear that this space is no longer just for me, but for others, as well – whether it’s just for fun or because they need some extra happy in their lives, too.
As a fun reflection, I took a look back at my writings and pulled some of my favorite posts. If you’ve missed any of them or want to check them out again, click the links below.
(And yes, I know there’s a lot of them. I have a lot of faves. Don’t have time to read them all? Bookmark the page and come back to it later 🙂 )
- Best Friend – a not-so-widely-known Jason Mraz song that I love
- Scrubs Wisdom (and bonus fun)
- Your Tribe
- How Will I Know – Sam Smith singing a rendition of Whitney Houston’s hit song
- The Privilege of Knowing Too Much
- Somebody To Love – performance from The Voice
- Being Moved to Tears at Work
- Lip Sync Battle Faves
- You Just Figure It Out
- Inspirational ESPY Speeches
- Dumbledore Wisdom
- New Obsession (That Can’t Wait for Music Monday) – Chris Stapleton and Justin Timberlake collaborating at the 2015 CMA Awards
- All The Things You’re Not
- Because Sometimes You Just Need to Laugh – Pinterest finds
- One of The Most Precious Christmas Gifts
- The Blessing and The Curse of the Smart Phone
- Choosing Your Friends
- Working on Vacation
- Girl Crush – Little Big Town’s performance at the 2015 CMA Awards
- Be Ambitious
- Dude, Be Nice
- Carpool Karaoke Faves
- When in Doubt, Reach Out
- Ludacris & The Llama
- Being a Godparent
- Alternative Serenity Prayer
Thank you too all who follow along (and welcome, to anyone who’s here for the first time)! I look forward to continuing to share the happy 🙂